CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY ETSY SHOP!

VISIT MY ETSY.COM SITE.
Preview
JUST CLICK ON MY PRESS!
There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Behind the Print: Trailer Treasure

Though "Autumn Camper" is already more than a year old, and I've written about it before on this blog, I thought I would revisit it as it is now on the Etsy site for the first time.

This print was a turning point for me as an artist and printmaker. Up until this print, I was more concerned with graphic sensibilities and how to get colors to overlay without too much problem (a constant struggle with reduction woodcut prints). In this case I began working out the importance of perspective to add depth. I also began a scientific study of how to really get bursting, vibrant color.
I love the depth. The colors are rich and set a high bar that I was able to meet with "Sunflower Farm." The first "Little Camper" print from about 2009 (somewhere deep in this blog) was noted by many for its "mood." I find this print much moodier, and it really speaks to memories for me.

No comments: